“As families, we are part of the larger FAMILY of First Baptist Clemson.
We love and support one another, as we learn to SEEK God, FOLLOW Christ, and SERVE others TOGETHER.”
–Lauren Hamilton, Director of Family Ministries
Disciples in training together. At First Baptist Clemson, we engage families in teaching children to live as followers of Jesus. In a nurturing, supportive environment, children learn the Word of God, experience fellowship, and serve others. Children and their families strengthen and deepen their faith through Christ-centered community.
- Missions Education—A blended program with our Sunday School, every six weeks our children learn about a missionary and celebrate missions. This time helps children to stay connected with what others are doing around the world to serve God. Children are engaged in their own mission and service projects on Sunday afternoons throughout the year.
Sunday mornings, children, ages 4 years old through 1st grade, are invited to a
special time of worship in the Children's Chapel (Room 103/104). Together the
children sing, pray, hear Scripture, play games, and make crafts as they learn
more about God. During the fall, 2nd graders are invited to participate a
Wonders of Worship class where they learn the who, what, when, where, how, and
why of worship, and begin to make their transition into the Sanctuary by December.
Children in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades worship in the Sanctuary. Special notes
written in the margins of the worship guide and a guided note-taking page help
child in the sanctuary make sense of the meaning and importance of various
worship experiences throughout the service
- Bible Study—On Wednesday evenings, our 1st-5th graders meet for Bible study. We learn about God through a Scripture, games, discussion, and other creative activities. In a safe place for children to ask questions, children learn to support their peers through prayer and encouragement.
- Fellowship Activities—Monthly events create opportunities for the children to grow in their friendships, as they experience the joy of fellowship with one another. Some examples of our events include: Lock-Ins, Going to Movies and Plays, and Skating.
- Mission Activities—Children gather for mission and service projects on Sunday afternoons throughout the year. Children take what they have learned, think beyond themselves, and share the love of Christ with others. Some examples of service projects include: a community-wide canned good scavenger hunt, visits to our neighbors at Clemson Downs, and making blankets for other children in our community.
- Vacation Bible School and Nothin' But Net Basketball Camp—The week of VBS and Basketball Camp is always a highlight of the summer! It is a time for the children in our community to come together to sing, dance, explore, and play as we learn about Go
- Summer Camp—Each summer we provide an opportunity for our 3rd-5th graders to attend camp. The experience incorporates the elements we include in our ministry at First Baptist: Bible study, fellowship, and service to others.