“As families, we are part of the larger FAMILY of First Baptist Clemson.
We love and support one another, as we learn to SEEK God, FOLLOW Christ, and SERVE others TOGETHER.”
–Lauren Hamilton, Director of Family Ministries
Disciples in training together. At First Baptist Clemson, we engage families in teaching children to live as followers of Jesus. In a nurturing, supportive environment, children learn the Word of God, experience fellowship, and serve others. Children and their families strengthen and deepen their faith through Christ-centered community.
- Sunday School—This is not the Sunday School you grew up with! Each Sunday morning, children enter the New Testament Village to be completely immersed in a biblical concept. Here, children learn about God through Bible stories, art, cooking, drama, missions, science, movies, and games. After completing each unit, the children have a Celebration Sunday where they can share and celebrate what they have learned.
- Missions Education—Blended program with our Sunday School, every six weeks our children learn about a missionary and celebrate missions. This time helps children to stay connected with what others are doing around the world to serve God.
- Children’s Worship—On Sunday mornings, our 4 year-olds through 2nd graders are invited to a special time of worship in the Children's Chapel. Together the children sing, pray, read Scripture, give offerings, and listen to a Bible story. In small groups they discuss the Bible lesson, enjoy a snack, and create a craft. Children in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade join congregational worship in the Sanctuary. Special notes written in the margins of the worship guide help explain the meaning and importance of various worship experiences throughout the service.
- Bible Study—On Sunday and Wednesday evenings, our 1st-5th graders meet for Bible study. We learn about Jesus and His teachings through a Bible lesson, games, discussion, and other creative activities. In a safe place for children to ask questions, children learn to support their peers through prayer and encouragement.
- Fellowship Activities—Monthly events create opportunities for the children to grow in their friendships, as they experience the joy of fellowship with one another. Some examples of our events include: Kids' Night In, going to movies, and skating.
- Mission Activities—Through monthly service opportunities, children take what they have learned, think beyond themselves, and share the love of Christ with others. Some examples of service projects include: a community-wide “good deed” scavenger hunt, Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes, soup for our shut-ins, and bears for children in the hospital.
- Parents' Night Out / Kids' Night In—Throughout the year, First Baptist Clemson hosts nights for children to come play games, make crafts, and watch a movie, while parents enjoy a night for themselves!
- Vacation Bible School and Nothin' But Net Basketball Camp—The week of VBS and Basketball Camp is always a highlight of the summer! It is a time for the children in our community to come together to sing, dance, explore, and play as we learn about God.
- Summer Camp—Each summer we provide an opportunity for our 3rd-5th graders to attend camp. The experience incorporates the elements we include in our ministry at First Baptist: Bible study, fellowship, and service to others.