1907 Clemson College Baptist Church is organized.
1909 Rev. Thomas V. McCaul becomes the first pastor. Services are held in the College Chapel.
1910 The first Women’s Missionary Unit [WMU] is organized.
1913 The first church building, seating 500 people, is dedicated.
1913 The first Sunday School is organized.
1932 The first Baptist Student Union [BSU] Council begins to function.
1940 The first building expansion is completed.
1944 Harold Cole comes as the first Baptist Campus Minister.
1951 The church name is changed to Clemson Baptist Church.
1964 A 1,000 seat sanctuary with additional educational space is completed and dedicated.
1965 Ron Whitlock comes as the first Minister of Music and Youth.
1971 The church changes the requirement for deacon eligibility to include all adults 21 years and older who have been members for
at least one year.
1973 Sarah Cooper becomes the first ordained female Deacon.
1974 A constitution is adopted establishing a committee style of governance. The deacon eligibility age becomes 18.
1974 The name of the church is changed to First Baptist Church of Clemson.
1975 The church votes to accept members from other denominations who have previous baptism experiences.
1978 A Baptist Student Center is built near campus and BSU activities are moved out of our church.
1980 Sanford Beckett comes as the first Minister of Education and Singles.
1987 English as a Secondary Language classes begin to be freely offered to the community.
1991 The church becomes a member of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Amy Jacks Dean becomes the first ordained female
minister and the first Minister of Students and Singles.
1994 The first mission trip to build houses in Honduras is taken.
1999 Mary Smith comes as the first Children’s Coordinator.
1999 The original church building is razed.
2001 The Child Enrichment Center begins operating.
2004 The Cooperative Student Fellowship [CSF] is organized and recognized by the University as an official campus organization.
2005 Construction on the newest addition begins in September.
2006 Construction and renovation is completed in November, with a community Open House Celebration on December 10.
2007 Our Centennial year is celebrated with many special events. Rusty Brock is installed as the 16th pastor. A Strategic Plan for
Mission is developed and implemented.
2011 A Community-wide Basketball Camp for children is offered in the Family Life Center.
2012 A Church-wide Visioning Process is undertaken.
2013 A new governance structure is adopted and implemented.